Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Defense questions motives of Mazzaglia's ex-girlfriend
“No,” she replied.
Barth then cited transcripts of a November 2012 conversation McDonough had with Roberta Gerkin, a former psychic and friend of Mazzaglia’s. Barth said McDonough told Gerkin a “spirit” was “leading” her and struggling for control of her body.
Mazzaglia, 31, faces first- and second-degree murder charges in the death of UNH student Elizabeth “Lizzi” Marriott, 19, after a game of strip poker in the Dover apartment that Mazzaglia and McDonough shared.
Barth said during that meeting, McDonough told him Marriott died at least partially of natural causes after participating in sexual acts with her and Mazzaglia.
When McDonough agreed, Barth noted that the changes to McDonough’s version of events that night came while McDonough was engaged in pursuing an immunity agreement that would reduce her years in prison and prevent her from facing any other related charges.
McDonough is serving a 1½- to three-year prison term after pleading guilty to charges including witness tampering and hindering the investigation. She has testified that she helped cover up the murder of Marriott.
In the trial’s opening statements May 28, Barth told jurors it was McDonough, not Mazzaglia, who killed Marriott that night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 23
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917