Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Defense questions motives of Mazzaglia's ex-girlfriend
“No,” she replied.
Barth then cited transcripts of a November 2012 conversation McDonough had with Roberta Gerkin, a former psychic and friend of Mazzaglia’s. Barth said McDonough told Gerkin a “spirit” was “leading” her and struggling for control of her body.
Mazzaglia, 31, faces first- and second-degree murder charges in the death of UNH student Elizabeth “Lizzi” Marriott, 19, after a game of strip poker in the Dover apartment that Mazzaglia and McDonough shared.
Barth said during that meeting, McDonough told him Marriott died at least partially of natural causes after participating in sexual acts with her and Mazzaglia.
When McDonough agreed, Barth noted that the changes to McDonough’s version of events that night came while McDonough was engaged in pursuing an immunity agreement that would reduce her years in prison and prevent her from facing any other related charges.
McDonough is serving a 1½- to three-year prison term after pleading guilty to charges including witness tampering and hindering the investigation. She has testified that she helped cover up the murder of Marriott.
In the trial’s opening statements May 28, Barth told jurors it was McDonough, not Mazzaglia, who killed Marriott that night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
- Manchester brothers arrested after drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
- Nursing home chaplain launches ministry - 0
- Stocks drift to another record in light trading - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917