Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Defense questions motives of Mazzaglia's ex-girlfriend
“No,” she replied.
Barth then cited transcripts of a November 2012 conversation McDonough had with Roberta Gerkin, a former psychic and friend of Mazzaglia’s. Barth said McDonough told Gerkin a “spirit” was “leading” her and struggling for control of her body.
Mazzaglia, 31, faces first- and second-degree murder charges in the death of UNH student Elizabeth “Lizzi” Marriott, 19, after a game of strip poker in the Dover apartment that Mazzaglia and McDonough shared.
Barth said during that meeting, McDonough told him Marriott died at least partially of natural causes after participating in sexual acts with her and Mazzaglia.
When McDonough agreed, Barth noted that the changes to McDonough’s version of events that night came while McDonough was engaged in pursuing an immunity agreement that would reduce her years in prison and prevent her from facing any other related charges.
McDonough is serving a 1½- to three-year prison term after pleading guilty to charges including witness tampering and hindering the investigation. She has testified that she helped cover up the murder of Marriott.
In the trial’s opening statements May 28, Barth told jurors it was McDonough, not Mazzaglia, who killed Marriott that night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917