Timberlane to stay with food services contractor
However, the board is expecting Metzler to come back by the end of the year with options for the district to possibly return to a self-operated food services program.
Whitsons provides the district with a manager that oversees the food services program for the entire distrct.
Metzler said he met with district Business Manager George Stokinger and others about what it would take to make that a reality for the 2014-15 school year.
Metzler also noted that Whitsons, the School Board, and the school cafeteria managers have worked together over the past year to address the revenue shortfall in the program.
Board member Michael Mascola said he is not satisfied with the current provider and wants the administration to come up with additional options for the future.
Metzler said he would work with Stokinger to have options before the board during one of its December meetings.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rep. Stephen Shurtleff: What NH can accomplish when we cooperate in Concord - 0
- Brian Bouchard's NH Legal Perspective: Cloudy with a chance of trade secret forfeiture - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- John Stossel: Making legal immigration easier would help America - 2
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 6
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem