Deroy Murdock: Obama disregards the law as much as Richard Nixon did
So said George Washington University Law School Professor Jonathan Turley on the Fox News Channel’s Hannity program Tuesday night. Turley is no Clarence Thomas conservative. He is a liberal, yet one who believes that government should obey the rule of law. That law is, supremely, the United States Constitution.
Bipartisan legislators disagree.
“It comes with some surprise and dismay that the transfers went ahead with no consultation, totally not following the law,” Senate Intelligence Committee chairman Dianne Feinstein, D–Calif., told journalists Tuesday. Indeed, Deputy National Security Adviser Tony Blinken phoned Feinstein to apologize for keeping her in the dark.
“Under the deal, they have to stay in Qatar for a year, and then they will be allowed to travel outside the country,” the unidentified Gulf leader told Reuters. “They can go back to Afghanistan if they want to.”
Deroy Murdock is a Manhattan-based Fox News contributor and a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 0
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 18
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 3
- BANANAS and NH's energy needs - 5
- Gruber should have been Time's 'Person of the Year' - 5
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 24
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'