Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Second shot loon dies; $5,000 reward offered
Now a $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the shooting deaths of two loons, which are an endangered and protected species.
The second loon, also an adult male, was found dead, also on May 20, on the shores of Lake Winnipesauke in Gilford, near Varney Point, according to Fish and Game. It, too, had been shot and killed.
In New Hampshire, loons are considered a threatened species, and it is a misdemeanor to injure or shoot a loon or attempt to do so.
Anyone with information regarding the shootings is asked to call Special Agent Robert Rothe of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in Concord at 603-223-2541, or the state Fish and Game Department's Operation Game Thief hotline at 1-800-344-4262 or http://www.wildnh.com/OGT. Callers may remain anonymous.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483