Pembroke summer camp offers fun in the sun
The long-running six-week summer camp, located at the Pembroke Memorial Field and Pembroke Village School, takes place this year from July 7 through Aug. 15, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day.
In addition, she said the daily camp program offers games, athletics, arts and crafts, water activities, a camp Olympics week, and more.
“The six weeks flies by ... it’s a lot of fun and a great way to spend summer vacation,” she said, noting the camp is growing and evolving.
Tilton said 52 children are signed up, and there is still plenty of room for additional enrollments.
A $20 non-refundable registration fee is required at signup, which also covers the camp T-shirt.
The cost is $45 each week for Pembroke residents and $55 for Allenstown residents. The camp cost includes once-a-week field trips to various New Hampshire state parks and recreation areas. Those looking to register may do so at Pembroke Town Hall. For more information, go to pembroke-nh.com/summerrecreationprogram.asp.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hundred Nights Shelter is holding its first annual Holiday Auction this Dec. - 0
- Derry places 'Giving Tree' in Municipal Center - 0
- Former Londonderry student sails into Navy career aboard the USS Lincoln - 0
- Frisella Fine Art Studio in Candia to hold open house - 0
- Ballet superstar Misty Copeland joins local dancers in Nutcracker - 0
- AC/DC Tribute Band to rock Rochester Opera House - 0
- Memorial recalls church fire, while calling to mind those lost to AIDS - 0
- Reunion of sisters mirrors impact of WWII - 0
- Grammy-winning conductor at helm of 'Nutcracker' orchestra - 0
NH's fishing industry staggered
Whiskey jacks and camp at Unknown Pond
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record