Goffstown SAU adds projects to capital improvements proposal
SAU 19 School Business Administrator Ray Labore presented the plan to the CIP Committee Thursday evening.
Two new projects proposed for Maple Ave. Elementary School in 2015 include a new boiler replacement estimated at $49,500 and oil tank replacement expected to cost about $130,000. Maple Ave is the only school in the district operating on a single boiler for heat, Labore said. The final Maple Ave. project for 2015 was for $81,897 for ongoing energy management program upgrades.
“The driver here is age,” Labore said.
The equipment pumps water uphill to service the sprinklers and the money needs to be invested to keep the system operating, Labore said. The district has already made many costly repairs, he said. The CIP also proposed $25,500 for facia board replacement at Mountain View in 2015.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three named to Manchester school posts - 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 2
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 3
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 2
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 4
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride