Home » News » Public Safety
NH judge refuses to suspend sentence for former Mass. cop
Brendan Bisbee, 37, will have to spend another year behind bars before he can apply to be paroled from his two- to four-year prison term.
She faced charges that she had set up her ex-husband, Jeffrey, and had him jailed on false charges that she reported to East Kingston police while they were going through a bitter divorce.
She was found dead in her prison cell on Dec. 28, 2011, the same day the state Supreme Court upheld her conviction of falsifying physical evidence.
Defense lawyer Adam Bernstein said that his client has been a model inmate and was recently designated to live in a halfway house as part of work release. Bisbee was not able to participate in work release because his parole plan is to Massachusetts and work for his wife, who has owned a hair salon for the last 20 years.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'