Home » News » Public Safety
NH judge refuses to suspend sentence for former Mass. cop
Brendan Bisbee, 37, will have to spend another year behind bars before he can apply to be paroled from his two- to four-year prison term.
She faced charges that she had set up her ex-husband, Jeffrey, and had him jailed on false charges that she reported to East Kingston police while they were going through a bitter divorce.
She was found dead in her prison cell on Dec. 28, 2011, the same day the state Supreme Court upheld her conviction of falsifying physical evidence.
Defense lawyer Adam Bernstein said that his client has been a model inmate and was recently designated to live in a halfway house as part of work release. Bisbee was not able to participate in work release because his parole plan is to Massachusetts and work for his wife, who has owned a hair salon for the last 20 years.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree