ATV circuit system throughout NH's northernmost towns is a trial for some
Some are camp owners who had no real say in the town meeting votes to give this trail system a try. Some are homeowners who moved here to enjoy a house on a quiet country road and now feel like they're living alongside Interstate 93.
I have an ATV, purchased years ago for farm work. I'm a founding member of the Metallak ATV Club, based in Colebrook, and I've volunteered to help out with trail patrol. Those seeking to create a gigantic circular trail system (meaning you could park and unload your rig in any of the dozen or so towns and extend your trip for as many days as you want and come right back to your vehicle) know that just as in the early days of snowmobiling, they must rein in law-flouting rogue riders or they will lose the support and commitment of landowners. And that will be it. Finis.
Sandy Young, Don Tase and I had gone in on snowmobiles and snowshoes, trying to find the little hardwood knoll that Vickie Bunnell and I had flagged years before. We did, and lounged around there for a lunch break.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sixth Annual Family Fun & Music Festival this weekend - 0
- Theater provides creative outlet for kids - 0
- Manchester mom turns to crowd funding for daughter's heart surgeries - 0
- Nature Talks: Residents of a vacant lot - 0
- Special Unit M Antlerless Deer Permits Selling Fast - 0
- The Granite State Blues Society presents the 12th Annual Barnful of Blues - 0
- A Concert in a Place with No Space or Time - 0
- Derry Cycling Trio reaches 2000 Mile Mark in Cross Country Adventure - 0
- Loeb School offers Cartooning for Kids Workshop August 7th - 0
17 Special New Hampshire Picnic Spots
Nature Talks: Residents of a vacant lot
Win tickets to see Josh Turner
Theater provides creative outlet for kids
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health