Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police say fire that destroyed Sununu Youth Services Center building was set
District Chief Mike Gamache said the building at the northern most edge of the property hadn't been in use for more than 20 years. (David Lane/Union Leader)
District Chief Mike Gamache says that a 911 call came in around 2:09 a.m. Sunday reporting a fire at the juvenile detention facility on River Road.
Gamache said the building at the northern most edge of the property hadn't been in use for more than 20 years, but police had been called recently to remove people who had broken in.
Gamache said the fire was still an active scene Sunday morning. He said investigators at the site had ruled out accidental causes and consider the fire to be arson.
There were no injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 1
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917