Home » News » Public Safety
Police cruiser in Concord involved in accident with motorcycle
CONCORD - A police cruiser was involved in an accident with a motorcycle in front of the O Steaks & Seafood restaurant on South Main Street on Friday night, police said.
Thomas said the circumstances of the accident are under investigation, and he would not release the name of the officer involved.
Officials have not determined who owns the sign on Route 3 near Exit 10 of Interstate 93 that, for a few hours Saturday, read: "Slenderman comes for Jeff."
Last week, two 12-year-old girls nearly stabbed a friend to death, saying they wanted to prove that Slenderman was real and wanted to curry favor with him.
Hiker carried off trail with leg injury
CARROLL - First responders from Twin Mountain Fire Rescue helped carry an injured hiker down a trail near Mount Eisenhower on Friday afternoon.
LACONIA - Police said an elderly man in a power wheelchair was struck by a mini-van while crossing South Main Street on Saturday afternoon.
The victim was taken by ambulance to Lakes Region General Hospital; the extent of his injuries was not released.
More information, including the identities of the driver and victim, is expected to be released today.
The crash happened shortly before 3 p.m.
MANCHESTER - A "lucky" motorcyclist escaped an accident Friday night with only minor leg injuries after being hit by a car on Candia Road, according to firefighters at the scene.
"I saw him at the last second, and we hit each other," Comerford said. "Obviously, one little mistake and something bad happens.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.