Home » News » Public Safety
Police cruiser in Concord involved in accident with motorcycle
CONCORD - A police cruiser was involved in an accident with a motorcycle in front of the O Steaks & Seafood restaurant on South Main Street on Friday night, police said.
Thomas said the circumstances of the accident are under investigation, and he would not release the name of the officer involved.
Officials have not determined who owns the sign on Route 3 near Exit 10 of Interstate 93 that, for a few hours Saturday, read: "Slenderman comes for Jeff."
Last week, two 12-year-old girls nearly stabbed a friend to death, saying they wanted to prove that Slenderman was real and wanted to curry favor with him.
Hiker carried off trail with leg injury
CARROLL - First responders from Twin Mountain Fire Rescue helped carry an injured hiker down a trail near Mount Eisenhower on Friday afternoon.
LACONIA - Police said an elderly man in a power wheelchair was struck by a mini-van while crossing South Main Street on Saturday afternoon.
The victim was taken by ambulance to Lakes Region General Hospital; the extent of his injuries was not released.
More information, including the identities of the driver and victim, is expected to be released today.
The crash happened shortly before 3 p.m.
MANCHESTER - A "lucky" motorcyclist escaped an accident Friday night with only minor leg injuries after being hit by a car on Candia Road, according to firefighters at the scene.
"I saw him at the last second, and we hit each other," Comerford said. "Obviously, one little mistake and something bad happens.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 6
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m