Home » News » Public Safety
Police cruiser in Concord involved in accident with motorcycle
CONCORD - A police cruiser was involved in an accident with a motorcycle in front of the O Steaks & Seafood restaurant on South Main Street on Friday night, police said.
Thomas said the circumstances of the accident are under investigation, and he would not release the name of the officer involved.
Officials have not determined who owns the sign on Route 3 near Exit 10 of Interstate 93 that, for a few hours Saturday, read: "Slenderman comes for Jeff."
Last week, two 12-year-old girls nearly stabbed a friend to death, saying they wanted to prove that Slenderman was real and wanted to curry favor with him.
Hiker carried off trail with leg injury
CARROLL - First responders from Twin Mountain Fire Rescue helped carry an injured hiker down a trail near Mount Eisenhower on Friday afternoon.
LACONIA - Police said an elderly man in a power wheelchair was struck by a mini-van while crossing South Main Street on Saturday afternoon.
The victim was taken by ambulance to Lakes Region General Hospital; the extent of his injuries was not released.
More information, including the identities of the driver and victim, is expected to be released today.
The crash happened shortly before 3 p.m.
MANCHESTER - A "lucky" motorcyclist escaped an accident Friday night with only minor leg injuries after being hit by a car on Candia Road, according to firefighters at the scene.
"I saw him at the last second, and we hit each other," Comerford said. "Obviously, one little mistake and something bad happens.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 43
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind