VA centers await report on U.S. audit
The VA conducted the national audit of all medical centers in response to a scandal concerning delays in patient scheduling and access at the Phoenix medical center that led to the resignation of former VA Secretary Eric Shinseki on May 30.
"No veteran should ever have to wait to receive the care they have earned through their service and sacrifice," Gibson said.
"No veteran in northern New England should have to wait for the quality health care they have earned and deserve," Horn said. "This is our top priority."
That office conducts health care inspections if a complaint is received either through the inspector general's hotline or from a congressional office, she said.
The report on the most recent review of the Manchester VA hospital was released in April 2013. From among dozens of areas reviewed, it made 10 recommendations for improvements in the areas of quality management, medication management, coordination of care, long-term home oxygen therapy and construction safety.
Among the accomplishments noted was the creation of the No Veteran Dies Alone program, which enlists volunteers to stay with patients in hospice suites when no loved ones are available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 2
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 1
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 12
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name