VA centers await report on U.S. audit
The VA conducted the national audit of all medical centers in response to a scandal concerning delays in patient scheduling and access at the Phoenix medical center that led to the resignation of former VA Secretary Eric Shinseki on May 30.
"No veteran should ever have to wait to receive the care they have earned through their service and sacrifice," Gibson said.
"No veteran in northern New England should have to wait for the quality health care they have earned and deserve," Horn said. "This is our top priority."
That office conducts health care inspections if a complaint is received either through the inspector general's hotline or from a congressional office, she said.
The report on the most recent review of the Manchester VA hospital was released in April 2013. From among dozens of areas reviewed, it made 10 recommendations for improvements in the areas of quality management, medication management, coordination of care, long-term home oxygen therapy and construction safety.
Among the accomplishments noted was the creation of the No Veteran Dies Alone program, which enlists volunteers to stay with patients in hospice suites when no loved ones are available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
- New schedule feature will provide Nashua students with opportunities - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health