VA centers await report on U.S. audit
The VA conducted the national audit of all medical centers in response to a scandal concerning delays in patient scheduling and access at the Phoenix medical center that led to the resignation of former VA Secretary Eric Shinseki on May 30.
"No veteran should ever have to wait to receive the care they have earned through their service and sacrifice," Gibson said.
"No veteran in northern New England should have to wait for the quality health care they have earned and deserve," Horn said. "This is our top priority."
That office conducts health care inspections if a complaint is received either through the inspector general's hotline or from a congressional office, she said.
The report on the most recent review of the Manchester VA hospital was released in April 2013. From among dozens of areas reviewed, it made 10 recommendations for improvements in the areas of quality management, medication management, coordination of care, long-term home oxygen therapy and construction safety.
Among the accomplishments noted was the creation of the No Veteran Dies Alone program, which enlists volunteers to stay with patients in hospice suites when no loved ones are available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thank a veteran on Saturday at Holderness barbecue - 0
- Theatre Under the Stars honors 'The Bard,' local fallen soldier - 0
- Family of World War I vet receives Purple Heart medal in ceremony - 0
- Struggle of returning female veterans is showcased in film playing July 29 - 0
- Mt. Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce soars - 0
- $17.6b request seeks to cover more efficient veteran care - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH veterans program targeted by 'baffling bureaucratic decision' - 0
- Nashua court gives veterans a fighting chance - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
LNG plant put 'on hold'