VA centers await report on U.S. audit
The VA conducted the national audit of all medical centers in response to a scandal concerning delays in patient scheduling and access at the Phoenix medical center that led to the resignation of former VA Secretary Eric Shinseki on May 30.
"No veteran should ever have to wait to receive the care they have earned through their service and sacrifice," Gibson said.
"No veteran in northern New England should have to wait for the quality health care they have earned and deserve," Horn said. "This is our top priority."
That office conducts health care inspections if a complaint is received either through the inspector general's hotline or from a congressional office, she said.
The report on the most recent review of the Manchester VA hospital was released in April 2013. From among dozens of areas reviewed, it made 10 recommendations for improvements in the areas of quality management, medication management, coordination of care, long-term home oxygen therapy and construction safety.
Among the accomplishments noted was the creation of the No Veteran Dies Alone program, which enlists volunteers to stay with patients in hospice suites when no loved ones are available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads