Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Father at center of Gilford book controversy hires high-profile attorney
Baer was arrested for disorderly conduct.
Baer says he should not have been arrested, as he was just airing a complaint to the school board about the book, which he said contains a passage describing sexual acts by two teens.
Baer was charged with disorderly conduct and was led from the room by a police officer.
And in the days after Baer’s arrest, district officials announced new guidelines for the next school year that will allow parents to “opt-in” or approve all of their children’s assigned reading materials.
He has posted videos on YouTube that he claims show Superintendent Kent Hemingway signaling to a police officer at the meeting to make the arrest.
“I’m going to be looking over the case carefully, and film was taken of all of the meeting, so there’s some good evidence,” Sisti said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police say cyberstalking victim who committed suicide faced other 'stressors' - 0
- Berlin doctor enters settlement agreement for improperly prescribing drugs - 0
- Londonderry police chief probing online 'CopBlock' allegations - 1
- Exeter man charged in two 2013 burglaries - 0
- Documents say former UNH hockey coach allegedly grabbed player's jersey, helmet, and shouted in her face - 0
- Investigators ask public for help with Hernandez case - 3
- Merrimack man arrested in sexual assaults of juvenile - 0
- Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car - 1
- Keene man charged with June Central Square 'chalking' assault - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law
- Total Votes: 917