Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Father at center of Gilford book controversy hires high-profile attorney
Baer was arrested for disorderly conduct.
Baer says he should not have been arrested, as he was just airing a complaint to the school board about the book, which he said contains a passage describing sexual acts by two teens.
Baer was charged with disorderly conduct and was led from the room by a police officer.
And in the days after Baer’s arrest, district officials announced new guidelines for the next school year that will allow parents to “opt-in” or approve all of their children’s assigned reading materials.
He has posted videos on YouTube that he claims show Superintendent Kent Hemingway signaling to a police officer at the meeting to make the arrest.
“I’m going to be looking over the case carefully, and film was taken of all of the meeting, so there’s some good evidence,” Sisti said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Somersworth police seek woman in store robbery - 0
- As protests persist, suspects sought in shootings of two Missouri officers - 0
- Seabrook police officer fights to keep records sealed in on-duty assault case - 14
- Seacoast SERT team takes man, 70, into custody following threat - 0
- After demanding cash, alleged female robber flees on foot in Somersworth - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
- Salem police target ski-jacket thief who used tree branch to hide license plate - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
- Americans lose at golf, then bicker - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917