Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Father at center of Gilford book controversy hires high-profile attorney
Baer was arrested for disorderly conduct.
Baer says he should not have been arrested, as he was just airing a complaint to the school board about the book, which he said contains a passage describing sexual acts by two teens.
Baer was charged with disorderly conduct and was led from the room by a police officer.
And in the days after Baer’s arrest, district officials announced new guidelines for the next school year that will allow parents to “opt-in” or approve all of their children’s assigned reading materials.
He has posted videos on YouTube that he claims show Superintendent Kent Hemingway signaling to a police officer at the meeting to make the arrest.
“I’m going to be looking over the case carefully, and film was taken of all of the meeting, so there’s some good evidence,” Sisti said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483