Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia police investigating threats of school shooting
All three threats were written on different bathroom stalls in the high school on different days. The first was found on May 30, the second was last Thursday and the third was found on Monday. All three stated the shooting would take place on June 10.
Captain Matt Canfield of the Laconia Police Department said there is nothing to make them believe the shootings will actually occur, but they are taking the threats seriously.
He said school and police officials decided not to cancel school and a letter was sent to parents of students informing them of the situation.
In a post via their Twitter feed, the police department announced "There will be a noticeable police presence" at the school on Tuesday and students will not be allowed to bring bags or backpacks to school.
Canfield also said students could be subject to search before entering the school.
The case remains an active investigation and police are pursuing all leads to help ensure everyone's safety.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over