Home » News » Public Safety
Driver found dead in car crash off I-93 in Canterbury
State police are withholding the name of the driver, pending notification of family members.
According to a news release, just after 7 a.m. Monday New Hampshire State Police from Troop D responded to a report of a vehicle off the right side of the road on I-93 South in Canterbury.
Troopers located a sedan off the right side of the road, partially concealed within the tree line. The car's lone occupant -- the driver -- was dead.
An initial at-scene investigation indicates the car was traveling south on I-93 when it veered right off the road and struck a tree, police said.
The driver had been the subject of a "check the welfare" police broadcast, per the family's request, about 9:30 p.m. Saturday, according to state police.
At 10 a.m. on Monday, State Police, Canterbury Fire and Rescue and wrecker crews were still on the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- 2 motorcycle riders hurt in Laconia collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH