Home » News » Public Safety
Police investigate deadly crash in Alton
The crash happened at 9:08 p.m.
Monday morning police had yet to release the name of the individual who died, or any of the others who were injured.
According to a preliminary police investigation, a driver of a pickup truck heading east on Henry Wilson Highway tried to pass several vehicles and hit another pickup- truck head on that was traveling west on the highway.
Two people in one of the trucks sustained serious, but not life-threatening injuries. They were taken by helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon.
An individual in the other pickup truck died at the scene, while the other occupant was taken to Frisbee Memorial Hospital in Rochester for treatment of serious, but not life-threatening injuries.
The New Hampshire State Police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit also responded and assisted with the investigation which is ongoing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 7
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 2
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer