Home » News » Public Safety
Police investigate deadly crash in Alton
The crash happened at 9:08 p.m.
Monday morning police had yet to release the name of the individual who died, or any of the others who were injured.
According to a preliminary police investigation, a driver of a pickup truck heading east on Henry Wilson Highway tried to pass several vehicles and hit another pickup- truck head on that was traveling west on the highway.
Two people in one of the trucks sustained serious, but not life-threatening injuries. They were taken by helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon.
An individual in the other pickup truck died at the scene, while the other occupant was taken to Frisbee Memorial Hospital in Rochester for treatment of serious, but not life-threatening injuries.
The New Hampshire State Police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit also responded and assisted with the investigation which is ongoing.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 43
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive