Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Recorded phone call, text messages reveal details of pair's relationship
“We are a couple who can find a way — we are the aberration,” Mazzaglia said. “We may have to set some records here, but we are the aberration.”
According to testimony, she died after a game of strip poker in the Dover apartment that Mazzaglia and McDonough shared.
McDonough said Marriott had declined to participate in any sexual activities with her or Mazzaglia, and that after Mazzaglia choked Marriott, he raped her limp body for several minutes while fondling and insulting her.
Two brief text messages also played a significant role in Tuesday’s testimony.
Barth was referring to McDonough’s sworn statements to a grand jury in February 2013.
“It was code to do something,” McDonough said, who has testified that Mazzaglia wanted to engage in sexual activities with Marriott that night. “(Sexual assault) could have been a possibility ... (it was) a code to get things moving in the direction we wanted them to move.”
“Other details of that night are hard for me to remember, because all I can remember are what it was like for him to strangle her right next to me,” she said, her voice trembling and rising in volume. “This is when it’s really being told. This is when everyone finds out — this is when her family is finding out.”
“Do you cry without tears, Ms. McDonough?” he asked, before resuming his questioning.
Barth asked if McDonough didn’t mention the exchange to the grand jury because it was “inconsequential.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
- Sunapee officials say they don't plan to build housing - 0
- Nursing home chaplain launches ministry - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Total Votes: 917