1 percent raise OK’d for Manchester school chief
The board voted 10-4 at its meeting Monday to support the raise, following the recommendation of the Coordination Committee, which voted on the contract earlier in the day.
The board had already voted to support renewing Livingston’s contract in December, along with those of the district’s other top three administrators. Any salary increases in the second year of the contracts were put off until the spring.
Livingston is completing her first school year as superintendent, during which she has taken on several ambitious initiatives, including new academic standards, redistricting and rewriting the district’s policy manual. Livingston has faced some criticism in recent weeks, including from Mayor Ted Gatsas, over her handling of a federal review of racial disparities in the district.
After the committee meeting Monday, Gatsas said he remained supportive of the superintendent.
The board did not consider pay increases for Assistant Superintendents Dave Ryan and Karen Burkush or Business Administrator Karen DeFrancis, but they are expected to do so in the near future.
READER COMMENTS: 48
- Committee rejects call for additional money to help charter schools - 4
- House group rejects sending surplus to rainy day fund - 1
- Young reappointed to AG post - 0
- Hassan won't ask for vote on new members of utility project evaluation panel - 2
- Nashua asks judge to hold secretary of state in contempt over how ballot was printed - 0
- State agency budget requests top $12 billion for next two years - 2
- Lawmakers honored for environmental work - 0
- Senate president says $70 million is the number for state budget cuts - 0
- Group continues its fight to stop development at Sunapee's West Bowl - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 17
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- 2 Manchester health service groups announce merger - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH