PSNH, forest society executives continue to seek Northern Pass deal
The April 22 meeting included Difley with two of her senior staff members and Quinlan with two of his, according to society spokesman Jack Savage.
Northern Pass partners agreed last year to bury about eight miles of the transmission lines through the northernmost parts of the state along the Canadian border.
“When I first met with Mr. Quinlan, I encouraged him to reach out to some of the folks that were opposing the project, and he did, to his credit,” said Bradley, who is actively supporting more burial of the lines if the project is built. “The fact that people are talking is encouraging, but I think there’s a long way to go.”
“We have met with the Forest Society as part of our comprehensive outreach efforts across New Hampshire, and we remain open to further discussions as the permitting process moves along,” she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 0
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 18
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 3
- BANANAS and NH's energy needs - 5
- Gruber should have been Time's 'Person of the Year' - 5
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 24
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'