Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Police host talk on drugs in Merrimack
Presented by Chief William Quigley of the Brookline Police Department, a small group of attendees learned the differences between depressants, stimulants, hallucinogens and narcotics while also learning the side effects and indicators for each drug.
“They get them from friends, acquaintances and people on the street,” he said.
Smoked drugs such as marijuana are a popular choice among young people because the effects are quick, explained Quigley.
“People who use drugs are not bad people — they are human beings,” said Quigley. “They have an illness, a sickness, and they need help.”
“We try to spread the news that drugs are a bad thing,” he said, urging those in attendance to teach the “3 R’s” philosophy — respect yourself, respect others and responsibility for your actions.
Indicators for narcotic analgesics such as heroin include track marks, sleepiness, slow reflexes, facial itches, constricted pupils, euphoria and raspy speech.
To make matters worse, heroin is easily addictive and incredibly cheap at $5 or $8 a package for two doses, added Quigley.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 4
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483