Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Dover man pleads guilty to Portsmouth sex assault
Aaron Bonds, 45, of Dover pleaded guilty on Wednesday to sexually assaulting a 26-year-old woman in Portsmouth in July 2012. (JAMES A. KIMBLE)
Bonds will face a judge on Monday for sentencing.
Bonds sexually assaulted the woman outside of an apartment in Portsmouth in the early morning hours of July 11, 2012 while she was getting sick, according to prosecutors.
One of the women testified that she snorted some of the cocaine at the restaurant and it tasted like there was something wrong or different in it. But Bonds was contacted by the women later that night again to meet up and he provided them cocaine laced with another drug, according to court testimony. Prosecutors noted that Bonds did not charge the women for the drug or take any himself. The cocaine was laced with a drug 20 times more powerful than morphine, which immobilized one of the women and made them sick, prosecutors said.
He faced up to an additional 20 to 40 years in prison on each of the sexual assault charges if a jury convicted him at trial.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483