Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Dover man pleads guilty to Portsmouth sex assault
Aaron Bonds, 45, of Dover pleaded guilty on Wednesday to sexually assaulting a 26-year-old woman in Portsmouth in July 2012. (JAMES A. KIMBLE)
Bonds will face a judge on Monday for sentencing.
Bonds sexually assaulted the woman outside of an apartment in Portsmouth in the early morning hours of July 11, 2012 while she was getting sick, according to prosecutors.
One of the women testified that she snorted some of the cocaine at the restaurant and it tasted like there was something wrong or different in it. But Bonds was contacted by the women later that night again to meet up and he provided them cocaine laced with another drug, according to court testimony. Prosecutors noted that Bonds did not charge the women for the drug or take any himself. The cocaine was laced with a drug 20 times more powerful than morphine, which immobilized one of the women and made them sick, prosecutors said.
He faced up to an additional 20 to 40 years in prison on each of the sexual assault charges if a jury convicted him at trial.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917