Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Mazzaglia ex-girlfriend insists, 'It's just me trying to tell the truth'
Prosecution witness Kathryn “Kat” McDonough, former live-in girlfriend of accused murderer Seth Mazzaglia (foreground), is shown in a video played in court during Mazzaglia's trial Wednesday. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
“You went over to the window to hide what you had just done,” said Barth, who has accused McDonough, 20, of killing Marriott through suffocation during a night of rough sex.
“There were so many weapons in there,” McDonough said, referring to the swords, ropes, machetes and martial arts staffs in the Dover apartment she shared with her former boyfriend. “(Mazzaglia) was a sensei; he obviously knew how to fight.”
According to testimony, Marriott died after a game of strip poker.
For more than an hour Wednesday afternoon, Mazzaglia’s defense played a video of a visit McDonough made to Barth’s law office on Oct. 17, 2012, after Mazzaglia was arrested Oct. 13. McDonough has said she visited the office while she and Mazzaglia were seeking legal consultation.
Barth attempted to clarify with McDonough that, according to her statements, she was lying in the video and lied to other investigators following Marriott’s death, but was telling the truth Wednesday and throughout the trial.
“It’s just me trying to tell the truth as best I can,” McDonough said.
Barth said that according to McDonough, the game of strip poker lasted about 30 minutes, McDonough, Marriott and Mazzaglia then watched a movie for about 15 minutes, and Mazzaglia strangled and abused Marriott for 10 to 15 minutes.
“You are missing approximately an hour in the evening of Oct. 9 at your apartment,” Barth said to McDonough.
McDonough is serving a 1½- to three-year prison term after pleading guilty last July to charges including witness tampering and hindering the investigation, as part of a plea agreement. She has testified that she helped cover up the murder and rape of Marriott, whose body has never been found.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
- Manchester brothers arrested after drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
- Nursing home chaplain launches ministry - 0
- Stocks drift to another record in light trading - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917