Wilton-Lyndeborough school board tackles use of technology in the classroom
Technology Committee member Shirley Schneider, right, reviews a power-point presentation outlining the district-wide technology plan for the next three years at Tuesday evening's Wilton-Lyndeborough School Board meeting. (Kathleen Baglio Humphreys)
Math teacher Shirley Schneider’s PowerPoint display outlined the technology items, upgrades and cost projection for the plan.
Two examples to show how students are using technology were presented. They were an advanced PowerPoint presentation made by a first-grader at the Lyndeborough Central School and a video done by a high school math student to prepare for an upcoming test on geometry terms.
“It’s tough to schedule computer time,” said Schneider.
Only a few classes a day can use the computers and teachers can’t integrate technology every day.
The plan calls for rolling out more mobile labs at all schools and at the high school level by departments, and those departments can schedule lab time. The plan also addresses professional development.
“I’m not against technology. I would like to charge up that hill and get all the technology we can, but we need the ammo. We need to be able to justify it and how this will add value to the curriculum. Give me that and I’ll charge the hill,” said board member Harry Dailey.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- A faithful restoration of a Manchester cathedral - 4
- Calender of religious events in the state - 0
- South African chorus at Portsmouth church - 0
- Collection this weekend to help religious communities address a retirement shortfall - 0
- Interfaith Women of NH at Temple Adath Yeshurun - 0
- Candlelight Advent concert Tuesday night at Saint Raphael Church in Manchester - 0
- Keene churches increase winter breakfasts this year - 0
- Pope to visit U.S. next year - 0
- St. Margaret of Scotland in Conway to celebrate the Kirkin' of the Tartan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads