Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Manchester Crimewatch: Accused drug seller expects to get out of prison in Februrary
A clerk at Cash for Gold, 8 Gabrielle St., told police she was suspicious when Xavier Louis, 20, of 622 Union St., was willing to accept $220 for the two antique watches, two rings and a pin valued at almost $6,000 that he brought into the store May 17.
When the items Louis brought in turned out to match some of the items reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle overnight May 15-16, a warrant was obtained for Louis.
Louis, who has convictions that include reckless conduct, loitering, theft and resisting arrest, asked for a break on bail, saying: “I work.”
Before detainees are arraigned in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division, the clerk tells them they can talk to the judge about proposed bail amounts during the arraignment, but cautions them not to discuss the alleged crimes.
Barreto told Judge William Lyons: “I work third shift and I normally get a ride.” But when the person who usually gives him a ride wasn’t going to work, he said he was forced to drive himself.
Judge William Lyons set bail at the $1,500 cash/surety requested by the prosecutor. Trial was set for July 16.
A city man charged with a sex offender duty to report failure was arraigned on the felony charge Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division.
Randy Riendeau, 42, of 255 Bell St., had failed to report at the Manchester Police Department by May 22, as required by the sex offender reporting law.
Says he’s a changed man
Anthony Miele, 34, of 26 Welch Ave., was in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on both city and state police charges dating from 2009 and 2010 for which he had failed to appear.
A 2009 resisting arrest conviction with a deferred sentence and fine, which Miele had appealed, was remanded from Hillsborough County Superior Court North.
Outstanding 2010 New Hampshire State Police charges of transporting drugs and speeding were scheduled for June 23 and bail was set at $3,000 cash/surety.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Fingerprints of man accused of theft belong to 2 people - 0
- Lookout man in Bedford home invasion case pleads guilty - 0
- Hearing postponed for suspended fire official - 0
- Confessed serial burglar facing new charges - 0
- Former Litchfield parochial school principal to plead guilty to embezzlement - 0
- Dover man faces manufacturing child porn charges after sex assault case - 0
- Murder-suicide ruled in Fremont deaths - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua caretaker wants evidence suppressed in sexual assault case - 0
- NH highways have potentialy deadly guardrail end pieces, transportation commissioner says - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 10
- Staples says it is probing possible payment card data breach - 1
- Expect the unexpected in NHIAA field hockey tourneys - 0
- Giants' blueprint? There is none - 0
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 14
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown does not get what 'pro-choice' really means - 12
A series of sharp exchanges at 2nd CD debate
Murder-suicide ruled in Fremont deaths
Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar