Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Manchester Crimewatch: Accused drug seller expects to get out of prison in Februrary
A clerk at Cash for Gold, 8 Gabrielle St., told police she was suspicious when Xavier Louis, 20, of 622 Union St., was willing to accept $220 for the two antique watches, two rings and a pin valued at almost $6,000 that he brought into the store May 17.
When the items Louis brought in turned out to match some of the items reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle overnight May 15-16, a warrant was obtained for Louis.
Louis, who has convictions that include reckless conduct, loitering, theft and resisting arrest, asked for a break on bail, saying: “I work.”
Before detainees are arraigned in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division, the clerk tells them they can talk to the judge about proposed bail amounts during the arraignment, but cautions them not to discuss the alleged crimes.
Barreto told Judge William Lyons: “I work third shift and I normally get a ride.” But when the person who usually gives him a ride wasn’t going to work, he said he was forced to drive himself.
Judge William Lyons set bail at the $1,500 cash/surety requested by the prosecutor. Trial was set for July 16.
A city man charged with a sex offender duty to report failure was arraigned on the felony charge Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division.
Randy Riendeau, 42, of 255 Bell St., had failed to report at the Manchester Police Department by May 22, as required by the sex offender reporting law.
Says he’s a changed man
Anthony Miele, 34, of 26 Welch Ave., was in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on both city and state police charges dating from 2009 and 2010 for which he had failed to appear.
A 2009 resisting arrest conviction with a deferred sentence and fine, which Miele had appealed, was remanded from Hillsborough County Superior Court North.
Outstanding 2010 New Hampshire State Police charges of transporting drugs and speeding were scheduled for June 23 and bail was set at $3,000 cash/surety.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 4
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 10
- Newport shooting victim in stable but critical condition - 0
- Nashua arrests 9 on drug warrants - 0
- Police: Nashua man in car targeted by gunfire was felon with gun - 1
- Man shot at in Nashua drive-by charged with unrelated possession of stolen gun - 0
- NH Supreme Court rules 4 teen killers entitled to sentencing hearings - 6
- Hampton woman who fatally struck pedestrian wants blood test thrown out of court - 1
- Man seeks to upend conviction in Deerfield home invasion case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots trade backup QB - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Bob Smith gets A+ from NH Firearms Coalition - 4
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward
- Total Votes: 917