Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester driver hurt in Stoddard crash
Paul R. Richard, 55, was hauling a modular home and heading east on Route 9 about 6 p.m. Thursday. He told police he didn’t see that a car was stopped on the road waiting to turn into the parking lot of Mr. Mike’s Convenience Store. He was able to avoid the car, but drove off the road into a two-car garage.
The homeowner, who was in the garage at the time of the crash, escaped without injury, but one of his two cars was damaged, police said. The accident also damaged a utility pole, causing a power outage in the area.
Richard was taken to Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough as a precaution, police said. Neither speed nor alcohol are believed to be factors in the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
- Injured hiker carried to safety off Mount Israel in Sandwich - 0
- Three-alarm fire heavily damages Franklin store - 0
- 74-year-old woman suffers serious injuries in hit-and-run incident in Windham - 0
- Grandmother charged in ATV crash with tot - 1
- ATV flips in Alton with 3-year-old on board - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
- Manchester teachers to vote again next week on contract - 0
- Nabbed and then cleared by feds, NH man still intends to sell rhino trophy - 0
- Developer says Alexandria wrong to deny tower - 0
- Salem police target ski-jacket thief who used tree branch to hide license plate - 0
- Resident-run group supports changes to Mt. Sunapee Resort - 0
- Lyndeborough school alumni invited for group photo - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond