Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester driver hurt in Stoddard crash
Paul R. Richard, 55, was hauling a modular home and heading east on Route 9 about 6 p.m. Thursday. He told police he didn’t see that a car was stopped on the road waiting to turn into the parking lot of Mr. Mike’s Convenience Store. He was able to avoid the car, but drove off the road into a two-car garage.
The homeowner, who was in the garage at the time of the crash, escaped without injury, but one of his two cars was damaged, police said. The accident also damaged a utility pole, causing a power outage in the area.
Richard was taken to Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough as a precaution, police said. Neither speed nor alcohol are believed to be factors in the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection