Crotched Mountain honored for support of employee serving in National Guard
In 2011 he joined the New Hampshire National Guard. He was deployed to Afghanistan last year as a member of the 237th Military Police Company, NH National Guard.
Crotched Mountain president and CEO Don Shumway, residential supervisor Benjamin Drew, human resources benefit coordinator Deirdre Grimes and director of human resources Lorrie Rudis were honored in a ceremony Thursday at Crotched Mountain.
“I nominated Don Shumway and Lorrie Rudis because they were really good about reaching out while I was over there, especially when I got back. They welcomed me home and sat me down to see how they could help me,” Eldridge said Thursday.
Drew, who is Eldridge’s direct supervisor, took every phone call Eldridge made to him, Eldridge said.
Grimes kept in touch with Eldridge through letters and email. She also surprised him by writing about him in the company newsletter in which she included his email address.
READER COMMENTS: 30
- Thomas Sowell: The legal system exists to prevent mob 'justice' - 3
- Another View -- Cass Sunstein: A salute to the graceful silence of George W. Bush - 7
- David Harsanyi : Run, Liz, run! - 19
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 43
- Another View -- Harold Meyerson: The right underestimates Elizabeth Warren's appeal - 39
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 2
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 20
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Win tickets to see Linkin Park