This Week's Rare Bird Alert
A Harris’s sparrow was reported from Star Island, one of the Isles of Shoals, on June 8 but has not been relocated.
A probable Western kingbird was seen and photographed in North Hampton on June 9 but it has not been relocated.
Two sandhill cranes have returned to their summering grounds in Monroe and can sometimes be seen in fields along the Connecticut River north of town and also in fields along Plains Road.
A least bittern was calling from the marsh located near Surrey Lane in Durham on June 7.
An Arctic tern was seen off of the coast of Rye on June 8.
Five purple martins were seen from Cross Beach Road in Seabrook on June 7, and three were seen in coastal Rye on the 10th.
A Bicknell’s thrush was seen and several were heard on Cannon Mountain in Franconia Notch on June 8.
A mourning warbler was reported from Goodhue Hill in Hancock on June 8, and one was reported from Pawtuckaway State Park in Nottingham on the 7th.
A pair of evening grosbeaks was reported from Jackson on June 7, and a pair was reported from Sutton on June 8.
A yellow-billed cuckoo was reported from Durham on June 8.Whip-poor-wills were reported from Concord, Freedom, Wilmot and Rumney during the past week.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Another View -- Cass Sunstein: A salute to the graceful silence of George W. Bush - 7
- David Harsanyi : Run, Liz, run! - 16
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 43
- Another View -- Harold Meyerson: The right underestimates Elizabeth Warren's appeal - 39
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 2
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 20
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads