Fergus Cullen: In 70 percent of NH races, your vote won't really matter
Both parties talk about contesting nearly all the 500-plus seats on the ballot this fall, but for all practical purposes, 70 percent of races are already over. Either the district is competitive between the parties, or it’s not. Either both parties have fielded credible candidates, or only one of them did (if that).
Democrats target four seats currently held by Republicans: the Bedford-Peterborough seat held by Andy Sanborn; the Hooksett-Manchester district represented by David Boutin; the Rochester-Alton district of Sam Cataldo; and the New London-Weare seat vacated by Bob Odell’s retirement.
Fergus Cullen, a freelance columnist, is former chairman of the New Hampshire Republican Party. He can be reached at email@example.com and followed on Twitter @FergusCullen.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Derry school year launch honors everyday heroes - 0
- Stevens High School in Claremont to have start pushed back to Sept. 10 because of renovations - 0
- Plymouth State's $32 million health, track facility seen as student draw - 0
- Free school meals rejected as Manchester board bucks federal program - 48
- Proposed hike for Manchester's driver education course reversed - 1
- With SNHU merger on hold, search renewed for NHIA president - 0
- Interim president encouraging student growth at WMCC - 0
- Pinkerton superintendent tours school in hors- drawn carriage - 1
- Granite State Arts Academy in Derry ready to open its doors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate