Fergus Cullen: In 70 percent of NH races, your vote won't really matter
Both parties talk about contesting nearly all the 500-plus seats on the ballot this fall, but for all practical purposes, 70 percent of races are already over. Either the district is competitive between the parties, or it’s not. Either both parties have fielded credible candidates, or only one of them did (if that).
Democrats target four seats currently held by Republicans: the Bedford-Peterborough seat held by Andy Sanborn; the Hooksett-Manchester district represented by David Boutin; the Rochester-Alton district of Sam Cataldo; and the New London-Weare seat vacated by Bob Odell’s retirement.
Fergus Cullen, a freelance columnist, is former chairman of the New Hampshire Republican Party. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and followed on Twitter @FergusCullen.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 1
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 64
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 10
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'