Another View - Scott Brown: We can make energy affordable for NH families
I took my plan on the road and talked to motorists at gas stations, business owners and homeowners around the state, and everyone is looking for relief.
She wants to focus almost solely on renewable energy and discourage people from using carbon-based fuels like the gas we put in our cars and the fuel we use to heat our homes. In order to do that, she wants to artificially raise the price of carbon.
Sen. Shaheen’s energy tax would have a disastrous effect on our economy and cause rate increases that hurt families and small businesses alike.
No one knows how much it’s going to ultimately cost, but it looks like another case of all pain, no gain. My plan outlines a strict cost-benefit analysis for this type of out-of-touch rule making so we can better understand the real-world economic consequences of all the red tape and new taxes streaming out of Washington.
By focusing on a true all-of-the-above energy plan that increases our domestic production and reins in the Washington bureaucrats, we can make energy more affordable, create new good-paying jobs, and improve our state and our nation’s economy.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Another View -- Cass Sunstein: A salute to the graceful silence of George W. Bush - 6
- David Harsanyi : Run, Liz, run! - 11
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 42
- Another View -- Harold Meyerson: The right underestimates Elizabeth Warren's appeal - 38
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 2
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 21
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
- Bruins stop Predators, 5-3 - 0
- Former President Bush, 90, hospitalized in Texas - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber
Win tickets to see Linkin Park