Another View - Scott Brown: We can make energy affordable for NH families
I took my plan on the road and talked to motorists at gas stations, business owners and homeowners around the state, and everyone is looking for relief.
She wants to focus almost solely on renewable energy and discourage people from using carbon-based fuels like the gas we put in our cars and the fuel we use to heat our homes. In order to do that, she wants to artificially raise the price of carbon.
Sen. Shaheen’s energy tax would have a disastrous effect on our economy and cause rate increases that hurt families and small businesses alike.
No one knows how much it’s going to ultimately cost, but it looks like another case of all pain, no gain. My plan outlines a strict cost-benefit analysis for this type of out-of-touch rule making so we can better understand the real-world economic consequences of all the red tape and new taxes streaming out of Washington.
By focusing on a true all-of-the-above energy plan that increases our domestic production and reins in the Washington bureaucrats, we can make energy more affordable, create new good-paying jobs, and improve our state and our nation’s economy.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama's uncertain trumpet, again - 0
- Maureen McDonald: Ray Rice and the everyday problem of domestic violence - 1
- Another View -- Jason Bedrick: An important court victory for parents and taxpayers - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Mob rule economics is bad for everyone - 8
- George Will: Eviscerating the 1st Amendment is extremism - 5
- Jonah Goldberg: Upholding America's honor in a dangerous world - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We are in for a nasty, dishonest election season - 25
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't apologize for not voting - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man stabbed in leg in Manchester incident - 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown calls on Shaheen to back bill targeting ISIS - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid is identified - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats