action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:0
All Sections
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In


Floor of apartment building evacuated after kitchen fire


LACONIA - A small kitchen fire forced the temporary evacuation of the seventh floor of the Sunrise Towers apartment building Friday night, according to the Laconia Fire Department.

Lt. Jeff Desrosiers said the fire appeared to have been caused by a resident turning on the wrong burner on a stove top, which ignited some debris left on the stove. The fire was quickly extinguished using a hand-held fire extinguisher, he said.

Seventh-floor residents had to leave the building while firefighters worked to clear smoke from the floor.

There were no injuries in the fire, he said.

action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:88
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:64
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:2
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:

        

FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety


NH Angle - Public Safety