Mike Morin's tenure at WZID nears its end
He announced his retirement as a full-timer in February, but hints that he may be back on the radio at some point ';talking about food at some point.';
Taking over the morning slot will be Neal White, who arrives Monday from WBSM-FM in New Bedford, Mass. Before being on air, White spent 11 years producing a show on WBMX-FM in Boston.
Saga/Manchester Operations/Brand Manager Pat Mckay said, “It wasn’t an easy search finding someone who can take the baton from longtime host Mike Morin.”
Mckay said White brings a wealth of experience in creating and executing a strong morning show. He has that “it” factor — someone who can comfortably merge music, information and fun.
White said: “I am thrilled to be able to be joining the amazing staff at WZID. I am still pinching myself over becoming the next morning host. I can’t wait to learn more about the Manchester community and be working with a great co-host like Tracy Caruso.”
He added, “I can only hope to continue the success that Mike Morin has brought to the station.”
Morin, who has been master of ceremonies for the Union Leader Santa Fund for the Salvation Army kickoff luncheon for the past two years, has spent 43 years in radio.
“There are other interests I’d like to pursue that don’t involve getting up at 3:15 a.m.,” Morin said.
He said he plans to continue doing readings and signings for his book “Fifty Shades of Radio.”
After taking a July vacation, he said he will start work on a second book and begin building a speaking career. And maybe, down the line, some radio work.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.