Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Pelham dad blows whistle on celebrating graduates; party busted
As he waited for police to arrive, the parent said he stopped a few minors from driving away from the scene.
Officers talked with his 18-year-old son, who confirmed it was an underage drinking party celebrating graduation at Pelham High School, and that there were at least 40 or more teens drinking inside.
Police said Whiting would not let them inside her house.
Officers, as a result, surrounded the home and made multiple announcements for the minors to come out voluntarily.
Officers obtained a search warrant and at 4:20 a.m. Sunday entered the home, which they described as smelling of marijuana and alcohol.
Most of the alcohol was thrown out, but police said they found about five large bags of empty alcohol bottles and cans hidden in the basement.
The case remains under investigation. Sgt. Anne Perriello said police expect to bring charges against Whiting and a few of the underage teens.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 0
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483