Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Pelham dad blows whistle on celebrating graduates; party busted
As he waited for police to arrive, the parent said he stopped a few minors from driving away from the scene.
Officers talked with his 18-year-old son, who confirmed it was an underage drinking party celebrating graduation at Pelham High School, and that there were at least 40 or more teens drinking inside.
Police said Whiting would not let them inside her house.
Officers, as a result, surrounded the home and made multiple announcements for the minors to come out voluntarily.
Officers obtained a search warrant and at 4:20 a.m. Sunday entered the home, which they described as smelling of marijuana and alcohol.
Most of the alcohol was thrown out, but police said they found about five large bags of empty alcohol bottles and cans hidden in the basement.
The case remains under investigation. Sgt. Anne Perriello said police expect to bring charges against Whiting and a few of the underage teens.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 27
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917