Derry’s Lauren Rever headed to Germany on a Fulbright grant
Rever was recently awarded the coveted post-baccalaureate teaching award given annually to the nation’s best and brightest college students, according to a news release.
As part of the Fulbright grant, she plans to travel to Germany to teach.
chance to combine my two majors at Boston College — history and German — in a really exciting way,” said Rever. “I cannot wait to get back to Germany and explore the culture.”
“I’m nowhere near perfect but it was very nice to realize that I can understand the language,” she said.
While at Boston College, she was a member of the Phi Alpha Theta History Honors Society. She received a summer course grant from the German Academic Exchange Service and completed a History Department honors thesis on popular music in 1950s West Germany.
Boston College Television; and a volunteer with the John F. Kennedy Library in Boston.
Following her Fulbright year, Rever plans to pursue graduate study in historic preservation or museum studies.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll shows Groton voters oppose new wind plants - 2
- Opposition lines up against new Alexandria wind plant proposal - 1
- PSNH's rate request puts it lower than competitors, a reversal from last year - 6
- Pipeline meeting in Mason draws big crowd - 0
- Kinder Morgan reveals route for pipeline at Milford meeting - 1
- Nature vs. man: Keeping the lights on - 1
- Pipeline pushback seen in NH - 7
- Meeting will inform Mason residents about proposed pipeline - 0
- Commission's decision clears way for pipeline, possible cheaper natural gas - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings