Hearing set on proposal to hike city's building fees
The hearing is scheduled to get underway at 5:45 p.m. in the Aldermanic Chambers on the third floor of City Hall.
• The cost for certificates of compliance for dwelling units would jump from $35 to $50, and for rooming units from $15 to $25 per unit.
• Cost of an unaccompanied inspection would increase from $50 to $100 per inspection.
• The existing fee of $200 for zoning fees, such as variances, special exceptions, equitable waivers and rehearings, would rise to $350.
LaFreniere estimates that the proposed increases could generate an additional $72,000 in permit fees, an additional $92,000 in certificate of compliance fees, an additional $20,000 in Planning Board application fees, and an additional $38,000 in Zoning Board of Adjustment fees, for a total of $222,000 in additional revenues if all the proposed changes were adopted. The enhanced revenue estimates were generated using calendar year 2013 as a baseline.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Efforts continue to make Zach Tompkins Field a reality in Hudson - 0
- Nashua's Carroll sets sights on 2015 mayoral run - 0
- Hudson selectmen chastise consultant over project - 0
- Despite damage to roads, FEMA is not an option in Winchester - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
- Derry councilors discuss putting limits on skyline - 0
- Conservation transaction could be postponed as Londonderry officials debate stewardship - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 3
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
LNG plant put 'on hold'