Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Witnesses share chilling details in Mazzaglia trial
Randall Bolduc of Elliot, Maine, testifies Tuesday in the Seth Mazzaglia murder trial in Strafford County Superior Court in Dover. (Pool Photo/Jim Cole/AP)
Mazzaglia, 31, is facing first- and second-degree murder charges in the death of Marriott, a 19-year-old from Westborough, Mass. The pace of his ongoing trial accelerated Tuesday after nearly 10 full days of testimony by McDonough.
“You cannot tell from your examination whether someone was sexually assaulted,” public defender Melissa Davis said in cross-examination. Staples agreed.
McDonough has said that she and Mazzaglia dragged Marriott’s body, wrapped in a tarp, to an overlook, where Mazzaglia pushed it over a railing, onto rocks. McDonough has said she then pushed Marriott’s body into the water.
Johnson, of Portsmouth Pilots, said in his job ensuring the safe navigation of deep-draft vessels in the Newington and Portsmouth area, “we transit by Peirce Island” on a daily basis in busy periods. He said he’s been working on the commercial waterfront in Portsmouth since 1987.
“Even with a large ship, if you hit that area when there’s a strong current, it’ll actually move the ship around,” Johnson said.
Johnson said the outgoing tide was “at its strongest” at that time, with southeasterly currents off Peirce Island.
McDonough is serving a 1½- to three-year prison term after pleading guilty last July to charges including witness tampering and hindering the investigation, as part of a plea agreement. She has testified that she helped cover up the murder and rape of Marriott.
READER COMMENTS: 16
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Total Votes: 917