Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police arrest four, including daughter of deceased, in Colebrook grave disturbance
On May 12, police went to the cemetery and found someone smashed the lid, removed the coffin and disturbed Nash’s body, Cass said Tuesday, allegedly while looking for a will that would benefit his youngest daughter, Melanie Nash.
Earlier on June 10, police arrested Michael Day, 37, of Columbia, and Ginette B. Dowse, 71, of Beecher Falls, and charged Day with interference with a cemetery and criminal mischief, while Dowse was charged with conspiracy to commit interference with a cemetery for allegedly transporting Day and another person to Colebrook Village Cemetery.
On June 13, David Grey, 53, formerly of Colebrook, was arrested on a charge of interfering with a cemetery. He was released after posting a $2,500 cash bond and will be arraigned on July 31.
“Everybody knew Eddie. He was definitely part of the community for sure,” said Cass, adding that what happened at Colebrook Village Cemetery was terrible because, “it’s a small community and everybody has a family member in it.”
Based on his department’s investigation, Cass believes that “It all came down to the fact that there was a definite misunderstanding of how things work in regards to estates.”
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 29
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917