Home » News » Public Safety
Cold Case Unit to apply new technology to 13-year-old missing persons case
More on the case► NH Cold Case Unit: Tina and Bethany Sinclair
“This has always been an area of interest and this area has been searched before,” he said. “The river has been searched before in regards to this case, but never this close to the dam before.”
State officials said the ongoing searches are not because of any new leads or information.
“This is just something we wanted to do. We did not have the technology to do it back in 2001,” Agati said.
“It has the ability to go down deep into the water and do a search on both sides,” Agati said.
“We’ve got not only the New Hampshire Fish and Game Dive Team, but also we have the state of Vermont State Police SCUBA Team as well as the Massachusetts State Police Underwater Recovery Team,” Agati said.
The State Police Marine Patrol Unit is also assisting, he said.
Agati also thanked TransCanada Hydro Northeast and Vermont Yankee Nuclear for allowing the locks of the dam to be shut off periodically during the day.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 6
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist