Home » News » Public Safety
Divers finish day one of river search in 2001 disappearance of mother, daughter
Dive teams search near the Vernon Dam in Hinsdale in the search for a mother and daughter last seen in 2001. (MEGHAN PIERCE/Union Leader Correspondent)
Speaking from the shores of the river Tuesday afternoon, Assistant Attorney General Benjamin J. Agati said there was nothing to report from the search at the Vernon Dam between Vernon, Vt., and Hinsdale.
Though the river has been searched in the past, new technology allows divers to get closer to the dam, Agati said. The searches are not because of any new leads or information, authorities said.
Divers from New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Vermont will return to the site Wednesday in the search for Tina Sinclair, and Bethany, who were last seen together in Chesterfield during the Feb. 3-4, 2001 weekend.
Tina Sinclair was 36 and Bethany was 15 when they disappeared.
Prior to that weekend, they had lived with Tina’s boyfriend, Eugene Van Bowman at his Chesterfield home at 182 Mountain Road.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'