Home » News » Public Safety
Divers finish day one of river search in 2001 disappearance of mother, daughter
Dive teams search near the Vernon Dam in Hinsdale in the search for a mother and daughter last seen in 2001. (MEGHAN PIERCE/Union Leader Correspondent)
Speaking from the shores of the river Tuesday afternoon, Assistant Attorney General Benjamin J. Agati said there was nothing to report from the search at the Vernon Dam between Vernon, Vt., and Hinsdale.
Though the river has been searched in the past, new technology allows divers to get closer to the dam, Agati said. The searches are not because of any new leads or information, authorities said.
Divers from New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Vermont will return to the site Wednesday in the search for Tina Sinclair, and Bethany, who were last seen together in Chesterfield during the Feb. 3-4, 2001 weekend.
Tina Sinclair was 36 and Bethany was 15 when they disappeared.
Prior to that weekend, they had lived with Tina’s boyfriend, Eugene Van Bowman at his Chesterfield home at 182 Mountain Road.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fire rips through Rochester industrial complex - 0
- Report due soon on alleged abuse at neuro-rehab centers - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man, 86, struck by car while crossing street in Manchester - 0
- Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Hot deals, warm shoppers
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record